Extension to the San Blas Islands - Panama
Yandup island lodge package, 4 days/3 nights
On day one you will be picked up early at your hotel in Panama city for the transfer to Albrook airport, the domestic airport of Panama city. At around 6.00 am your flight leaves and will bring you in approximately 55 minutes to the San Blas islands. After your arrival here you will be welcomed by the Yandup island staff who will bring you by boat in around 10 minutes to Yandup island.
Yandup is a private island surrounded by coral reefs and it has a little sandy beach with crystal clear blue water. The island is situated 5-10 minutes from the Playón Chico community and has 10 simple cabins build in Guna style..
Today a morning and afternoon excursion are waiting for you.Which excursion depends on the weather and your wishes and those of the other guests at Yandup island.
You will find the list with all excursions below. Besides the excursions Yandup island is the perfect place to enjoy great views, swim, snorkel or relax in one of their hammocks.
Today you can enjoy another two excursions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. You will learn about the very interesting and impressive Guna culture. De Guna’s have a rich tradition and are living in autonomy in Panama. Their leader who is called the Sahila, is as well the political leader as the spiritual leader. Besides all this you can go swimming, snorkling, relaxing and enjoy island life.
Early in the morning a boat will bring you to the little airport. At around 7am your flight back to Panama city is scheduled. After arriving at Allbrook airport a taxi is waiting for you to bring you to your hotel in the city center of new panama, hotel las Huacas. You’ll have all day to enjoy this sparkling city, which has the nickname of Miami of latin america. Will you visit the colonial Casco viejo, bring a visit to Panama vieja, want to see the canal again or will you enjoy the rich natural wildlife of the Metropolitan parc. Whatever you choose to do you can do it in all ease.
This package will end after breakfast today. Of course clients can extend their stay or combine with other destinations.
Excursions at Yandup island:
- visit the mangroves by boat
- hike through the forest
- birdwatching tour
- visit to the Guna community and cemetery
- snorkel tour
- visits to nearby islands
- a hike to a waterfall and possibilities of swimming here.
Other interesting destinations:
- The Pearl Islands, just a 25 minute flight from Panama City with good quality, cosy accommodations in a very relaxed atmosphere with beautiful beaches.
- Luxery camping near EL Valle de Anton
- Homestay at a local Finca of a European / Panamanian couple
- 24 hour itinerary at a floating lodge on the Panama canal including excursions and meals (examples of excursion: visit to Monkey island, kayaking on the Panama canal, night excursion to see crocodiles etc.)
- The Bambu Guesthouse in Puerto Lindo near Isla Grande is not very far from the historic town of Portobello. If people stay in Panama City beforehand, we can combine this accommodation with a ride on the Panama Canal train from Panama City to Colon (the train only goes from Monday to Friday and not on national holidays) and it is also possible to have a direct transfer from the Guesthouse to the international airport Tocumen so that this could be the last destination of someones vacation.
- The Darien jungle. This is not for everybody since it is a bit basic and conditions may be challenging.
San Blas Islands sailing